The University Students Advisory Bureau extending its services to the students, and the Public by undertaking the following activities.
Click here for
[Procedure for Transcript Attestation]
[Application for obtaining Bonafide/Meduim of Instruction/Course Completeion Certificate]
- TRANSCRIPTS ATTESTATION: The Director attests the documents such as mark sheets, degree certificates, Syllabus etc., for students who studied in the University of Madras and who have applied for higher studies in foreign countries. And also issuing the Boanfied Certificate and Medium of Instruction to the candidates
- CAREER GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING: The USAB provides career guidance for their higher education to students. During summer vacation, around 100 students and their parent's visit every day the bureau for this purpose. Each College is asked to appoint one Career Guidance Counsellors to render the counseling service, in which the USAB arranges training for the Career Guidance Counsellors
The Director gives personal counseling to students who have psychological and academic problems. On an average 100 students visit the Bureau every month on prior appointment with the Director.
- PLACEMENT: The graduates and post graduates those who are registered in USAB office will be given temporary placements in Government / Private and Public sector organizations.
As per the announcement made by our Vice Chancellor the University Students Advisory Bureau is organizing Campus Recruitment for the University Departments and Students of affiliated Colleges every month in which, the corporates are invited to recruit our students for various categories of Job
The Total No. of students got job opportunities about 2175 from the month of July 2010 to June 2011
- TRAINING PROGRAMME : The USAB arranges training for the Placement Officers of the affiliated Colleges with the help of Corporates and other Resource persons. The USAB arranges training for the Students of the affiliated Colleges to develop soft skills and make them employable in this competitive World.
The USAB arranges training for the Placement Officers of the affiliated Colleges with the help of Corporates and other Resource persons.
- COACHING CLASSES : Remedial Coaching at Undergraduate and Postgraduate Level for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Minority Communities students.
Coaching scheme for entry into services for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Minority communities students
Coaching for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Minority communities candidates to prepare for National Eligibility Test (NET) and State Eligibility Test (SET) for Lectureship
- SHORT TERM COURSES : Short term courses with duration of one month to six months are organized by USAB with an objective of developing job-skill in demanding service sectors (e.g) Tourism, Public Relation, air ticketing and travel management, executive secretaryship, women entrepreneurial development programme, etc
- SCIENCE TALENT PROMOTION SCHEME: The U.S.A.B organizes for P.G. Students from various Departments of Sciences in Guindy and Taramani Campuses of the University of Madras under Science Talent Promotion Scheme for the internship which they do during summer.
- INFORMEX: The USAB organizes a Career Guidance Exhibition (INFORMEX) every year in the city of Chennai with Dinamalar, The Hindu and so on.,
- UNIFEST: The USAB conducts annual Inter Department Cultural programs (UNIFEST) for the students in various departments of the University of Madras across all Campuses, besides sports, with the help of NSS in the University of Madras, Dean (Students) and Director (Phy. Edu).
- VISITING THE EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION : The Director visits various educational institutions in Chennai and other parts of Tamil Nadu to address students on academic as well as Psychological issues pertaining to Students in the Schools, Colleges (both Govt. and Private institutions).
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS DAY: USAB organizes cultural get together frequently for the International students studying in the University Departments/Colleges in collaboration with the Govt. of India.
- ANNUAL SPORTS MEET FOR THE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENTS STUDENTS: USAB organizes sports events for the students of various departments of the University of Madras to develop their mental as well as their physical fitness. This programme is supported by physical Director of Sports, Dean students and Coordinator NSS.
Chennai - 600 005.
Phone No: 2539 9418, 2539 9518